iKoustic MuteMat 2
When used as part of a system, average airborne reduction is 43dB.
The system comprises of MuteMat 2 and high density Rockwool.
Average impact noise reduction is 30dB.
iKoustic MuteMat 2 is a 2-ply laminate with a 4mm Mute Barrier Mat layer laminated to a 6mm water resistant closed cell, cross-linked PE foam. The laminated construction provides mass, as well as structural separation, by introducing the flexibility needed in the overall floor construction.
MuteMat 2 Information
- Solution for low levels of airborne noise on timber-based constructions
- Concrete floor impact results: ΔLw 30dB impact reduction.
- 10mm x 1200mm x 600mm (0.72m2)
- 5.4kg per sheet (7.5kg / m2)
- Can be laid straight onto substrate or bonded using iKoustic Adhesive
- Carpet finish will require iKoustic Gripper Strips to raise Gripper rods to correct height
- Timber and Laminate floor finish require a 6mm MDF between MuteMat 2 and floor finish
- Ceramic floor finish requires a 9mm MDF between MuteMat 2 and floor finish
- Acoustic Sealant (900ml Tube)
- Acoustic Sealant Applicator Gun (For 900ml Tube)
- 5mm gap around perimeter (to be filled with sealant)
Airborne noise can be reduced further by adding a layer of 2mm Mute Barrier Mat below the iKoustic MuteMat 2
MuteMat 2 Reduction Test:
Detailed Spec and installation: iKoustic MuteMat-2 Data Sheet
Installation Guide: iKoustic MuteMat 2_Installation_Guide.pdf
Fire Rating: MuteMat 2 fire rating zero burn rate
Acoustic Foam Fire Rating: iKoustic 6mm foam fire rating
UK sound proofing regulations: Acoustic_Requirements.pdf
Please note that our products have a great deal of mass, and will add weight to your structure. You may need to check with a structural engineer to ensure compatibility.