iKoustic MuteMat 3
When used as part of a system, average airborne reduction is 49dB.
The system comprises of MuteMat 3, high density Rockwool and double layer of acoustic plasterboard direct fixed on the ceiling below.
iKoustic MuteMat 3 is a 3-ply laminate of 7.5kg per m2 mass loaded vinyl, a 6mm closed cell foam and a 5kg per m2 mass loaded vinyl.
The laminated construction provides mass, as well as structural separation, by introducing the flexibility needed in the overall floor construction.
MuteMat 3 Information
- Timber floor test results: DnT,w + Ctr = 49dB. L'nT,w = 46dB (results may vary)
- Concrete floor impact results: ΔLw 29dB impact reduction.
- Exceeds UK building regulations for floor soundproofing when used as a system
- 12mm x 1200mm x 600mm (0.72m2)
- 9kg per sheet (12.5kg / m2)
- Can be loose-laid onto sub-floor or bonded using iKoustic Adhesive
- Carpet finish will require iKoustic Gripper Strips to raise Gripper rods to correct height
- Timber and Laminate floor finish require a 6mm MDF between MuteMat 3 and floor finish
- Ceramic floor finish requires a 9mm MDF between MuteMat 3 and floor finish
- Acoustic Sealant (900ml Tube)
- Acoustic Sealant Applicator Gun (For 900ml Tube)
- 5mm gap around perimeter (to be filled with sealant)
MuteMat 3 Reduction Test:
Here is an example of the sound reduction iKoustic MuteMat 3 achieves on its own
Detailed Spec and installation: iKoustic MuteMat 3.pdf
Installation Guide: iKoustic MuteMat installation
MuteMat Fire Rating: MuteMat fire rating zero burn rate
Acoustic Foam Fire Rating: iKoustic 6mm foam fire rating
UK sound proofing regulations: Acoustic_Requirements.pdf
Please note that our products have a great deal of mass, and will add weight to your structure. You may need to check with a structural engineer to ensure compatibility.