MuteMat 3 is three-ply, high performing resilient floor mat achieving a superior impact and airborne attenuation in both timber and concrete structures. MuteMat 3 comprises of three materials, 5kg per m2 Mass Loaded Vinyl, a 6mm PE crosslinked foam (closed cell) and a 7.5kg per m2 Mass Loaded Vinyl. These two different densities within Mass Loaded Vinyl help to reduce resonance within identical masses.
Key points on Soundproofing a Floor
When considering Floor Soundproofing there are some key points listed below;
- If your property is a timber construction, you need to have a resilient layer that has good compressibility to reduce impact noise to yield the best result - this is evident in our 6mm closed cell foam
- Again, if it's a timber construction and you are looking to reduce airborne noise you will want to look to increase the mass per m2 - this is provided in the two Mass Loaded Vinyl layers
- The top Mass Loaded Vinyl provides a dense layer to the top of the 6mm closed cell foam, helping to spread the load leaving a more robust matting
Take a look at our Assessing a Floor for Soundproofing document by clicking on the image below.
MuteMat 3 Information
- 12mm x 600mm x 1200mm
- For reducing impact and airborne noise in both timber and concrete structures, use in our MuteMat 3 Systems for optimum results
- 6mm Closed Cell Foam, 4mm and 2mm Mass Loaded Vinyl layers
- Part E Building Regulations
- Mould, moisture and fungus resistant
We recommend using the MuteMat 3 within a system to achieve it's optimum performance.
- Use of high density acoustic mineral wool between joist to reduce flanking transmission and cavity resonance
- Isolation Strips on top of joist to decouple the sub-floor layer
- Due to the mass of concrete being relatively high in most cases, we would advise the seperation of MuteMat 3 using our MuteCradle System or Timber Battening to suspend the mass for best results.
MuteMat 3 Performance Data
Listed below is a typical reduction figure taken from our system performance data;
- Impact - 49dB Ln,w (Weighted)
- Impact - 29dB ΔLw (Reduction)
- Airborne - 56dB DnT,w (C;Ctr) (-2, -7)