iKoustic MuteBoard 4
One of our best-selling wall soundproofing solutions with a 49dB reduction.
Especially designed to be a thin, high quality soundproofing solution to be used against a brick or block work party wall.
The iKoustic MuteBoard 4 is constructed with a 15mm acoustic grade of plasterboard, laminated to three layers of soundproofing material. (4mm Mute Barrier Mat & 6mm acoustic foam and finally another layer of 2mm Mute Barrier Mat) The two different soundproofing materials, Plasterboard and Mute Barrier Mat add mass to an existing wall and combat a full range of sound frequencies. The acoustic foam provides a dampening layer direct to the wall, to dampen and absorb sound vibrations. The plasterboard front means it is ready for normal decorating finishes once installed.
MuteBoard 4 Information
- Ideal solution for reducing clear conversation and TV noise
- Exceeds UK building regulations for wall soundproofing. (49dB Airborne Reduction)
- 27mm x 1200mm x 1200mm (1.44m2)
- 41kg per board (Max 23 boards per Pallet)
- Easily installed on Brick/Block work
- Plasterboard finish ready for decoration
- NOT to be fixed over Dot and Dab plasterboards
- Acoustic Sealant (900ml Tube)
- Acoustic Sealant Applicator Gun (For 900ml Tube)
- 5mm gap around perimeter (to be filled with sealant)
- 9 Fixings per Board
- Acoustic Mineral Wool (100mm) adjacent to party wall to prevent flanking noise
Detailed Spec: iKoustic MuteBoard 4 Data Sheet
Installation Guide: iKoustic MuteBoard 4 Installation Guide
Fire Rating MuteMat: MuteMat fire rating Zero Burn rate
Fire Rating Foam: iKoustic 5mm foam fire rating
UK sound proofing regulations: Acoustic_Requirements.pdf
*Please note that our products have a great deal of mass, and will add weight to your structure. You may need to check with a structural engineer to ensure compatibility.